Students of Standifer Gap School are expected to come to school neatly groomed and dressed in the Standifer Gap School uniform. This dress code applies to all school functions, class programs, and field trips unless notified differently by the teacher.
Uniforms are to be purchased through Educational Outfitters. Pants and shorts may be purchased from stores other than Educational Outfitters, but they must follow the guidelines below. A detailed price list of the uniform code is available at the school office.
All tops must feature the Standifer Gap School logo. Shirt options include:
Short or long sleeved polos, sweaters, V-neck vests, cardigans, oxfords, and turtlenecks.
- Colors are navy, red, green, white, yellow, or black
Bottom options for boys and girls include:
- Pants, shorts, skirts, dresses, jumpers and skorts.
- Modest shorts should be worn under skirts, dresses, and jumpers.
- Short, dresses, skirts, jumpers and shorts must be uniform shorts and worn within 2 inches of the knee when standing.
- Colors include khaki and navy.
Layering of tops, socks, tights and leggings should be solid school uniform colors.
Shoes should be closed-toed. Tennis shoes are required for P.E. classes.
- Outside non-logoed jackets are only permitted on the playground.
- Jackets, cardigans, vests, and hoodies must have the school logo to be worn indoors.
- Hats and hoods are to be worn only on the playground.
- Hair should be neat, clean, not cover the face, and not draw undue attention.
- Jewelry of any type including friendship bracelets are not appropriate.
- Make-up and fingernail polish should not draw undue attention.
Jeans & T-Shirt Days
On Fridays, students are allowed to wear jeans and a Standifer Gap School t-shirt. School t-shirts will be sold at the beginning of the school year. Jeans should have no rips or holes.